For most of us, April is a time of warmer weather and Easter egg hunts. But for a brave few, it’s the perfect excuse to give up nasty habits.
In fact, this is when VApril occurs and we challenged a select group of participants – our VApril Heroes – to ditch their cigarettes in favour of vaping. Did they hit the mark? Or did they miss by a mile?
Let’s find out from David, aged 50, who was sick of smelling like an ashtray and wanted to freshen up his health and image.
- 50 years old
- Senior Technical Account Manager
1. How have you found your VApril journey?
At first, I had a couple of little slip-ups, but as I progressed, it became easier to choose vaping instead of smoking. Now, I don’t even reach for a cigarette. I go straight to my e-cigarette.
As someone who loves taking on creative DIY jobs at home, I really appreciate my smoke breaks. They give me time to think and to plan my next project. With vaping, I don’t have to worry about my health during these moments of relaxation. Plus, I smell much better on a day-to-day basis!
2. On a scale of 1-10, how easy have you found the whole experience? (10 being really easy, 5 being moderate, 1 being really difficult)
When the month started, I found it difficult to adapt. But as the weeks went on, it became easier and much more enjoyable. Overall: 7.
3. What has been your favourite flavour (or mix of flavours), throughout the month?
I like the tobacco, menthol and cola flavours… they’re all enjoyable.
4. If you could try any flavour, what would it be? (The crazier the better!)
Beer flavour might be nice. But if I could try anything, how about traditional Spanish paella? I realise that it’s an incredibly complex dish, but you did say that I could try any flavour, didn’t you?
5. This time next month, where do you hope to be in terms of smoking/vaping?
I would like to say that I’ll be completely cigarette-free, but I think that I will still be in the process of weaning myself off tobacco. I’ll still be vaping though – definitely.
6. This time next year, where do you hope to be in terms of smoking/vaping?
In a year I would like to think I will have cut out cigarettes for good and replaced them with vaping.
7. Based on your experience throughout the whole month, would you recommend vaping to someone you know?
Of course. After just one month it has helped me to get on the road to quitting. I feel better about myself and am excited to see where this takes me.
8. If you could describe your vaping journey in 3 words, what would they be?
Totally smashing it.
9. How supportive were friends/family throughout the month?
My family were definitely there for me during VApril, because they wanted me to throw out my cigarettes anyway. Now, they benefit from me smoking less and smelling much better. So it’s a win-win for all of us.
- Black Ice Blast
- Wild Watermelon
- Cola Cubes
Well done, David, and thank you for the interview. We wish you all the best with your vaping journey!
To keep up with more news from our VApril Heroes, you might want to bookmark our blog. We will also continue to feature articles and updates about vaping and beyond.